Sunday, March 14, 2010

Stiles Creek Cabin

Our most recent cabin trip was to Stiles Creek Cabin. I mushed in with our 6 dog team and Jeremy took in the snowmachine. The next day Jeremy mushed out and I took the snowmachine.

This is a more challenging mush than some of the other cabin trails. The route I took in was 11 miles and involved some hills. The above picture is of me pushing the sled as we had just come up a hill. You can see the dogs are looking a little tired.

"Sled Dog"
Tommy is our furry Siberian. He overheats because of all his fur, so doesn't do that well in team. We let him run behind the snowmachine, but he gets tired after a while. When he slows down we put him in the sled behind the snowmachine. It's not his favorite place to be; he'd much rather be running.

This is the Stiles Creek Cabin. It's one of Jeremy's favorites, but I think my favorite is Colorado Creek .

Here's a view of the inside. This cabin has a nice loft.

Me and T Dog (Tommy)

Below is a video of Jeremy taking off with the dogs the next day. I'm trying to explain what's going on, but you really can't hear me over the dogs barking.




Self portrait. Another great cabin trip.

No comments: